Data Engineer/ETL Developer Senior Consultant
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Overview Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting
services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad
capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By
combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients
address their most complex challenges and navigate significant
regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business
resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of
advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create
scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit
complexity and position them for future growth and success. The
company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations
globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by
seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in
traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting
issues driving national and global economies. For more information,
please visit . Responsibilities Our consultants on the Advanced
Analytics & Intelligent Automation team help clients maximize the
value of their data and automate business processes. This high
performing team works with clients to implement the full spectrum
of data analytics and data science, from data engineering, data
querying and wrangling, to data visualization and dashboarding, to
predictive analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
as well as robotic process automation (RPA). Our services enable
our clients to define their information strategy, enable mission
critical insights and data-driven decision making, reduce cost and
complexity, increase trust, and improve operational effectiveness.
Our consultants focus on client services, while also supporting
business development, internal firm initiatives, and ongoing
professional development. Job Description/Responsibilities:
- Perform complex data queries.
- Manage ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) functions and
develop,?build,?test,?and maintain scalable data pipeline
architectures and tools.?
- Support client engagements as a data engineer partnering with
data scientists, analysts, and cross-functional teams to discover,
collect, cleanse, and refine data for analysis and modeling.
- Operate in both on-premises and cloud environments and assess
environment specifications and requirements for big data.
- Work with data integration and management tools and databases
(cloud and on-prem; relational and NoSQL), Databricks, and a
variety of tools from major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Understand client needs and translate to technical requirements
and Jira cards for implementation.
- Share insights and lessons learned with other data engineers on
the team. Qualifications Required:
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance.
- B.S./B.A. in Data Science, Computer Science, Information
Systems, or similar computational discipline OR B.S./B.A. along
with a professional development/bootcamp on data engineering.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience as a data
- Proficiency developing complex data queries using SQL.
- Proficiency moving and manipulating data of different types and
file types using Python.
- Experience developing complex data pipelines and ETLs and
performing data engineering for various types of data, files, and
- Experience performing data engineering to enable data science
and machine learning.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, columnar data
warehouses, NoSQL, and other storage types.
- Experience gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and
testing relational database systems.
- Ability to instrument basic automation and CI/CD.
- Experience architecting data solutions in cloud environments
(AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Knowledge/experience designing and building distributed systems
for scalability and security.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to work independently as a data engineer or in a
collaborative team with multiple data engineers and other roles.
- M.S./M.A. in Data Science, Computer Science, Information
Systems, or similar computational discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience as a data
- Familiarity with DevOps and container technologies
- Experience using Databricks.
- Experience with micro services architecture and API
- Experience with source code version control technologies such
as Git and DevOps.
- Strong consulting skills: identifying and addressing needs,
building relationships, being flexible, communicating effectively
to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to support business development including RFP/RFQ/RFI
responses or white papers.
- Knowledge of Federal sectors. Additional Requirements The
successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions
from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent
the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as
described. Compensation may vary based on education, skills,
experience and location. Selected candidate must be local and able
to work from one of the following offices: Tysons, VA (HQ);
Washington DC; Atlanta, GA as needed. Client meetings may be
required in-person. Selected Candidate must be able to work Eastern
Standard Hours. This is an exempt level role that may require more
than 40 hours of work per week. Disclaimer About Guidehouse
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. Guidehouse will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco. If you have visited our website for
information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a
position, and you require an accommodation, please contact
Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at (see below) . All
information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used
only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes
through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited
resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and
Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. Rewards
and Benefits Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards
package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible
benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse
and supportive workplace. Benefits include:
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Keywords: Guidehouse, Severn , Data Engineer/ETL Developer Senior Consultant, Engineering , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!