Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
New Life is searching for a dynamic Program Director -to join the
team. The Program Director is responsible for the supervision and
management of the treatment program, facility, staff and clients.
- Oversees all aspects of the program clinically and
operationally to ensure quality and initiates any quality
improvement that may be necessary.
- Actively participates with PPS Division Leadership and DBH
Corporate representatives to facilitate program compliance, growth,
and success. - -
- Awareness of volume KPI's, Purchasing, Expense Management, and
- Supervise weekly Treatment Team Meetings to ensure consistent
and effective communication between treatment team members; proper
oversight of client development and progress and to ensure a team
approach is utilized in the treatment of our clients.
- Monitor and assess staff morale and build team spirit and
continuity. Intervene and address any staff related issues that may
- Participate in the interview process in a collaborative fashion
to determine the appropriateness and qualifications of prospective
- To provide adequate and ongoing training of facility employees,
and sufficient oversight/supervision to ensure that all services
are in keeping with the Discovery Mission Statement.
- Provide bi-monthly in-service trainings to all Professional and
Counseling treatment staff.
- Areas of development and in-service training include but are
not limited to:
- Diagnosis and Assessment
- Group Therapy
- Milieu Management
- Communication Skills
- Evaluate and apprise each member of the professional staff,
completes a written narrative clearly identifying strengths,
weaknesses, and goals for the coming year. These reviews are to be
completed after the first three months of employment and yearly
- Contributes and demonstrates effective teamwork by working
independently with staff to combine their skills and energies in a
focused manner in keeping with the Discovery Mission
- Completes utilization reviews, oversees primary therapist
process of utilization review and assists in the process of
assuring that all client stays are covered in some way (i.e.
insurance, private pay, etc.).
- Ensure full adherence to the policy and procedure manual.
Ensure adherence to health code policies, accreditation standards
(TJC/CARF), and state licensing regulations. Provide oversight of
any/all audits as necessary.
- Works with staff and facility manager to arrange coverage of
all shifts. Ensure that adequate staffing is provided for shifts.
Adjust staffing to match census when necessary.
- Serves as a positive role model to treatment staff, residents,
employees, and guests by maintaining a positive, caring, and
- Maintains a client caseload as appropriate to census, assigns
client cases based upon match with each therapist, provides
individualized treatment for each case. Provides individual and
- Follows all duties outlined in the therapist job
- Co-leading process group and/or any additional clinically
oriented groups on an as needed basis. Provides oversight of all
other groups conducted.
- Participates in the marketing plan as requested. Maintaining
collaborative relationships with outpatient treatment team
professionals. Conducting facility tours for professionals in the
community or families as necessary.
- Complies with the employee dress code and assures that program
staff does so as well.
- Complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establishes and achieves realistic goals within the
- Attends designated meetings and/or conference calls.
- Providing on-call support in conjunction with clinical staff
and providing ultimate oversight when necessary.
- Participates in supporting Discovery in Recovery and/or Parent
- Maintains the confidential nature of patient and related
- May be required to travel to other facilities to attend
trainings from time to time.
- Exercise supervision of all professional and counseling
- Additional duties as assigned based on business need. - This is
a full-time position. Qualifications
- Masters Degree or Doctorate required in Addiction Counseling,
Social Work, Psychology or related field.
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid LMFT or LMSW or
PhD or PsyD or LPC or LCSW or MFTI or equivalent preferred
- Two years' experience in administration or management of mental
- A Health Screening with NEGATIVE TB test results
- Must possess and maintain a First Aid, CPR and AED
Certification #PIQ Additional Information
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.---All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin. - For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us atdiscoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Program Manager, Location: Severn, MD - 21144 , PL:
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Severn , Program Director, Executive , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!