LPN - Great Benefits
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: August 7, 2022
General Purpose:Provides nursing care to patients in accordance
with physician's orders, established standards of practice, and the
policies and procedures of the contracting employer. - Makes
decisions that are based upon his/her education and experience in
- Implements physician orders and reports the patient's response
to care for all patients assigned.
- Recognizes changing patient conditions and emergency situations
and intervenes appropriately within the scope of practice and
contracting employer's policies and procedures.
- Displays a working knowledge of common disease pathophysiology
and common diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Administers medications in accordance with established
medication administration principles, physician's orders, the State
Nurse Practice Act and the contracting employer's policies and
- Reviews and carries out physician orders in a timely and
- Reads and interprets policy and procedure manuals, written
physician's orders, equipment operating instructions and safety
- Responds to inquiries or complaints from physicians, patients,
family/visitors, colleagues and other health care providers and
- Presents written and verbal information and direction to
patients, family, and staff. -
- Interprets a variety of technical data as appropriate to
assigned responsibilities and scope of practice (e.g. lab and
diagnostic test results, monitoring equipment, infusion pumps,
- Understands instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or
schedule form. -
- Applies basic math to job situations (e.g. drug calculations,
intake and output calculations).
- Establishes effective relationships with patients, physicians,
families/visitors, coworkers and superiors. -
- Provides direct care to patients with a wide variety of
diagnoses, conditions, and diseases.
- Maintains a safe environment for all patients assigned. -
- Responds to emergency/disaster situations according to the
policies and procedures of the contracting employer.
- Operates patient equipment and devices according to
manufacturer's operating instructions and contracting employer's
- Provides legible, clear written or electronic documentation of
all patient care provided, medications administered, and the
patient's response to care. -
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information in
accordance with contracting employer's policies and procedures.
- May provide limited supervision to other LPNs and/or
paraprofessional personnel providing patient care through task
assignments, direction and evaluation of work completed.
- Works under the direct supervision of the contracting employer
who is also responsible for monitoring work in progress and
reevaluating the status of the assigned work at the end of the
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.Minimum
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state license in good standing in the state in which
- One (1) year nursing experience as defined by the contracting
employer.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: -
- Effectively reads and communicates in the English
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Manual dexterity (eye-hand coordination).
- Ability to work as a member of a team, including but not
limited to the ability to manage stress appropriately, to make
decisions under pressure, and to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate professional behavior at
all times. -Working Conditions & Physical Effort: -
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex or non latex gloves).
- Work environment may involve occasional exposure to potential
electrical shock, and to x-ray/electromagnetic energy.
- Able to spend varying amounts of time sitting, standing and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and
to stand, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist
clients with standing and walking.
- Sufficient endurance to perform the required physical and
mental tasks over long periods of time.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability
to identify and distinguish colors.
- Requires excellent hand-eye coordination and fine motor
function necessary to operate equipment safely and
calculate/prepare medications and other procedures.
- Able to successfully work in areas that are confined and/or
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Severn , LPN - Great Benefits, Healthcare , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!