School Nurse Practitioner - Great Benefits
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: November 26, 2022
General Purpose:The School Nurse Practitioner (SNP) is a
registered nurse with advanced preparation, who provides for the
health care of preschool children, school-age children and
adolescents within the school setting. The SNP exercises
independent and interdependent decision-making with direct
accountability for clinical judgment, working in association with
and under the sponsorship of a licensed physician. - The SNP may
perform acts of diagnosis and treatment in accordance with
protocols established between the SNP, School Health officials and
supervising physician, as allowable under state law/practice
- Elicits a comprehensive health history from the patient and/or
parents and caregivers, to reflect physical and emotional health,
developmental/social well-being and immunization status.
- Performs health screens, physical exams, and age-appropriate
- Orders and/or performs pertinent diagnostic tests.
- Analyzes health history and interprets other data collected to
determine health status and care needs. -
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and modifies care plans, as
needed, in collaboration with the client, family, school,
physician, and community as applicable.
- Records all pertinent data.
- Manages acute and emergency health problems in the school
context and coordinates services needed for optimal health, safety
- Participates in the implementation of a planned health
education curriculum in the schools.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. -
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
each organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Registered Nurse with active advance practice license in the
state(s) in which he/she is employed.
- Currently certified as a School Nurse Practitioner by the ANA,
or other national accrediting board.
- One (1) year experience as a Certified School Nurse
Practitioner within the last five (5) years or as required by
- Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
training to include adults, infants and children.Knowledge, Skills
& Abilities Required: -
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical
staff, children, adolescents, and adults.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively in an
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Evidence of malpractice insurance with professional liability
coverage of at least $100,000 per claim with a minimum annual
aggregate of at least $200,000 from an authorized insurer under the
law (as required by the State).
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient
care.Working Conditions & Physical Effort: -
- Work is performed in school settings.
- Ability to physically stretch, reach, bend, stoop, twist, sit,
stand, walk and climb stairs.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability
to identify and distinguish colors.
- Light to medium physical activity that may require occasional
lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Severn , School Nurse Practitioner - Great Benefits, Healthcare , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!