Electronics Packaging Engineer
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are seeking a Space Electronics Packaging Engineer to join
our rapidly growing high-performance team. Our division is a subset
of the company, comprised of engineers of various disciplines
organized into product development teams. This atmosphere provides
the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your expertise on the most
challenging problems while also expanding your skills and advancing
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer who enjoys a
challenging and dynamic environment. You will be working with a
team of talented engineers across systems mechanical,
manufacturing, electrical and RF disciplines to design and develop
packaging solutions for next-generation RF payloads for satellites.
Multiple opportunities will allow you to contribute from conceptual
design through detailed design, fabrication, testing, and
ultimately launch of your design.
- Focus on design, analysis, design for reliability, design for
manufacturability of electronic systems from hybrid modules through
chassis level systems.
- Design ruggedized electronics assemblies, enclosures, and
chassis for space systems and military applications utilizing
- Optimize thermal performance, structural performance, material
compatibility, and reliability utilizing engineering analysis and
- Review electronics packaging designs as they progress through
development, qualification, and production considering design for
manufacturability, yield issues, and reliability.
- Develop engineering qualification plans for requirements
verification and risk reduction utilizing a combination of
engineering analysis and environmental testing (Thermomechanical,
Shock/vibe, humidity, other fatigue tests, and overstress
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering,
aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, physics, math, or a
- Minimum 3 years experience in spacecraft payload or spacecraft
- Familiarity with design-for-manufacturing and qualification for
- Must have good interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5 years experience in electronics packaging for spacecraft
payloads or spacecraft
- Experience performing mechanical analysis including structural,
thermal, and vibration
- Experience with passive or active electronically scanned
- Experience with radar, SIGINT, and/or communications
- Experience with moderate to high volume space system
- Experience with multi-chip modules and/or MMICs.
- SOLIDWORKS 3D Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) and PDM
- The ability to select appropriate materials for interfaces and
interconnects in electronic packages such as die attach, die
encapsulation material, thermal interface materials, solder types,
connectors, and adhesive attachment for components.
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Severn , Electronics Packaging Engineer, Other , severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!