Senior Buyer Procurement Analyst
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Jacobs Technology Inc. (JTI) is seeking an individual to join
its Procurement Team located in Severn, MD as a Senior Buyer. This
individual must be experienced in the negotiation and
administration of government and commercial purchase orders while
applying analytical skills to gather information, discern best
value, develop procurement strategies, and systematically document
all transactions in accordance with FAR, DFAR, and applicable
company policies. Ability to coordinate and prioritize activities
in a fast-paced environment. Must be organized and detail oriented.
source new product streams, find new vendors, develop procurement
- Sources, develops, negotiates and administers purchase orders
and other agreements of intermediate to high value and risk in
accordance with customer requirements and Company policies and
- Creates solicitations in support of multiple government
contract types i.e. Time and Material, Firm Fixed Price, Firm Fixed
Price LOE, Cost Reimbursable types.
- Performs pre-award and in process audits and inspections and
manages complex requirements for any required vendor and supplier
certifications, verifications, and documentation, such as for space
- Leads and/or supports proposal efforts varying in value and
- Negotiates price/cost, including conducting Fair and Reasonable
determinations based on utilizing the appropriate Price Analysis
- May compile reports for Procurement and/or Project Management
in support of strategic imperatives, conceptualizing, developing,
and implementing business solutions.
- Works with other program and functional area staff to develop
cross-functional stakeholder team alignment and development of
effective value-proposition strategies.
- Ensures compliance with company policy and procedures,
regulation, contract requirements, and other performance
- Source new product streams, find new vendors, develop
- Participates in and/or manages special projects as required to
enhance value proposition migrating from tactical to strategic
- Negotiates and executes purchase orders.
- May provide advice, guidance and direction to less experienced
- 8 years of related experience in government procurement or the
equivalent combination of education, professional training or work
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution preferably in
Business Administration or a related business discipline.
- Must be willing to work late hours when necessary to a
- Experience in procurement and related functions with emphasis
on traditional CPSR procurement initiation, and administration
- Experience in assessing vendor and supplier qualifications and
performing in-process inspections and reviews.
- Experience using various Price Analysis Techniques.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of business and contract law,
FAR, DFARS, with a good degree of understanding of finance and
- Experience with leading proposals varying in value and
- Effective analytical, communication, and presentation
- Intermediate to advance skill level with MS Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) and SharePoint.
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Severn , Senior Buyer Procurement Analyst, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!