Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Rapid Solutions' Tactical Systems Division (TSD) is comprised of
3 Product Portfolios/Groups: Engineering Integration Group (EIG),
Tracking and Communications Group (TCG), and Digital Forensics and
Exploitation Technologies (DFET).
The EIG Product Portfolio/Group within TSD is currently seeking
an Engineering Technologist to perform the following specific job
- Product Development
- Work with the current cellular and Wi-Fi engineering teams to
refine/create viable solutions for the law enforcement, IC, and
military market segments.
- Field test, refine, develop, and provide details for
improvement of existing and future hardware and software
- Assist with leading the design, development, testing, and
usability phases of new products.
Assist with getting existing and new products to market.
- Collaborate with and provide support to the sales / business
development team and/or technical SMEs to prepare responses to
quote/proposal requests, including input about technical
requirements and equipment suitability.
Gather specific system requirements from current users and
potential customers and aid in the quote preparation process before
dissemination to the customer.
- Equipment Demonstrations & Logistics
- Work with the sales / business development team to plan
equipment demonstrations and provide logistical support for
planning single and multi-agency demonstrations and client
- Attend customer meetings, demonstrations, and field trials to
support the product portfolio in a positive light.
Answer questions from current and prospective users and provide
feedback to the engineering/development team(s) to enhance our
- Conference / Trade Show Support
Planning, logistics, attendance, and presentation at various
conferences and trade shows both CONUS and OCONUS/overseas.
- Training Support/Documentation
- Prepare training materials and handouts/guides for customer
Support as well as conduct product trainings, including both
classroom and field scenario-based training.
- Customer Support
- Provide remote and on-site technical support to the user
Support customers during normal business hours as well as
occasional off-peak hours.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to work standard shift within the hours of 7:00
a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- May be required to work outside of normal shift hours when
required for mission support.
- Must be flexible to support the customer.
- Bachelor's Degree (or 20 years of experience in lieu of
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Clearable up to TS/SCI
- Familiarity with EIG's product offerings
- Military or law enforcement experience
Some work will be done at a desk or computer.
General office and/or work from home environment. The work is
fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The
nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and
cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals
across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copier,
Shredder, Printer, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a
40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times
and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be
available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available
to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and
must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances
productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the
organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and
prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadline
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as
a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be a US citizen.
Clearance: Must be able obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Clearable up to TS/SCI (Minimum SECRET).
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include
but are not limited:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Location: Severn, MD
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Severn , Engineering Technologist, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!