We are TCG, a rapidly growing business within the Rapid
Solutions Sector of Jacobs that is leading the design and
development of next generation tracking and tactical communication
If you are an innovative Software Engineer with embedded
software experience who has a passion for learning new things and
want to work with fellow creative minds to make your team's best
ideas become reality-then look no further!
We (TCG) have the corporate investment, infrastructure, subject
matter experts, and strategic focus to enable you to be
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be willing and able to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering
- 6 years' experience writing embedded software on
microcontrollers such as ARM, MSP430, PIC, AVR, etc
- 6 years' experience programming C/C
- 6 years' experience writing low level device drivers for
microcontroller peripherals such as SPI, UART, I2C, ADC, DAC, USB
- 6 years' experience writing Linux kernel code for real-time
systems (including device drivers)
- Write high quality bare metal and Linux-based software for
embedded processors like ARM and PowerPC
- Experience writing a board support package for embedded
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience performing unit level testing
- Ability to read and understand schematics to enable firmware
- Good understanding of tasks, threads, inter-process
communications, and other typical embedded operating system
concepts and debugging methodologies
- Follows best practices with respect to code documentation and
- Good team player, excellent communications skills, good with
- Experience successfully delivering technology projects with
- Experience leading, coordinating, and presenting at
- Broad understanding of current and future communication systems
and technologies surrounding that area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in MS Office suite
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers to diagnose and
resolve technical issues
- Practical understanding software development lifecycle.
- Experience in GPS, GSM, and/or Iridium
- Experience writing GUIs on Windows platforms
- Experience in C# or other high-level programming languages
- Experience with a formal release process
- Experience coding for low power
- Digital hardware design
- Digital communications
- Experience developing unit tests and test plans
- Experience developing platform agnostic applications
- Experience with tools and concepts supporting software version
- Technical knowledge and technical writing ability for writing
technical requirements, design documents, and deployment
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced
and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of
the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with
other members of the staff as well as individuals across the
Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers,
Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a
40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times
and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be
available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available
to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must
not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances
productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the
organization both verbally and in writing.
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and
prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
Must be willing to travel as needed.
Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a
motor vehicle records check.
- Severn, Maryland - or - Tampa, Florida
Clearance Requirement: CLEARABLE
This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a
security clearance. Clearance processing will be completed by the
Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance
include but are not limited to:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/ Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview