Advanced Waveform Development Engineer
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Do you have a passion for waveform engineering? Want to keep our
nation safe? How about bleeding-edge technology? If so, then Jacobs
has a great opportunity for you in our Engineering Development and
Special Projects (EDSP) group. We are seeking an Advanced Waveform
- Work at the physical layer to design waveforms and signal
detection/demodulation methods that can be used in custom RF
- Work with a team of engineers to implement and deliver these
- Engage with KeyW customers and sponsors to understand their
critical challenges and how we can invest resources to address
- Stay informed on state-of-the-art waveform design and
implementation techniques to inform system architecture and
- Work with teams of software and hardware engineers to design
custom RF communications systems to meet critical sponsor
- Design and implement waveform, signal detection, and feature
extraction algorithms in software.
- Participate in system field tests to evaluate performance of
systems being designed.
- Document approaches and results for internal and external
- Assist in performing strategic planning, and technical roadmap
development for our Special
- Communications mission focused group. Assist in the marketing,
capture, and execution of Special
- Communications Sponsors, Customers, and Contracts.
- A bachelor's degree and 11 years of relevant experience or a
master's degree and 9 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to design waveforms and signal processing
techniques for RF communication systems in real-world
- Experience with developing algorithms using scripting languages
such as MATLAB.
- Software development experience in implementing algorithm and
signal processing code in X-Midas, C , C, C#, Java, Python, or
- Demonstrated ability to work with non-technical sponsors and
form effective system requirements from descriptions of technical
- Minimum of Secret clearance required with desire and ability to
obtain TS//SCI clearance.
- Experience with software defined radio architectures and
experience prototyping and testing communications systems using
open source SDR tools.
- Familiarity with test equipment used in the development of RF
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical team in full RF
communication system development.
This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a
security clearance. Clearance processing will be completed by the
U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security
Clearance include but are not limited:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Severn , Advanced Waveform Development Engineer, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!