Senior RF Hardware Design Engineer (Cleared)
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Candidate will be responsible for designing, developing,
testing, evaluating, and RF, Microwave, and Analog hardware
solutions for existing and upcoming products and seeing the process
from concept through production and test. Candidate will be guided
by senior engineers to develop and evaluate alternative approaches
and architectures to satisfy requirements. Candidate will design
primarily at the schematic level, working closely with CAD
designers in the development of layouts. Candidate will be a part
of the development team that primarily develops specialized
communications products for government, military, and commercial
- Select components to satisfy requirements for
- Utilize development boards , breadboards, analysis, and
simulations to develop designs.
- Work closely with software, mechanical, and senior RF engineers
to develop overall product.
- Design circuits at the schematic level and work closely with
CAD designers to produce board layouts.
- Test circuit boards to prove they function as expected, debug
- Assist in the development of production-level tests and
participate in testing as needed.
- Document results of testing.
- Support transition to production.
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- 7 years' experience in RF/Microwave/Analog circuit board
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related
- Ability to setup and operate RF test equipment such as Spectrum
Analyzers, Network Analyzers, etc.
- Ability to generate schematics.
- Ability to read and understand datasheets for RF and Analog
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with CAD programs such as Microwave Office, ADS,
- Experience with Allegro, OrCAD, and/or Altium Designer.
- Ability to solder/modify miniature SMT components for
development purposes. - Experience in design of RF and Microwave
circuits such as amplifiers, filters, and synthesizers.
- Experience in design of power supply circuits using DC-DC
converters and linear regulators.
- Experience with rechargeable batteries, battery chargers, and
- Experience in low power design.
- Experience with antenna analysis and design.
- Knowledge of modern communication system architectures and
TS/SCI. This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security
clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI).
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance
include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Severn , Senior RF Hardware Design Engineer (Cleared), Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!