Junior RF Hardware Design Engineer
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Candidate will be responsible for designing, developing,
testing, and evaluating RF, Microwave, and Analog hardware
solutions for existing and upcoming products and seeing the process
from concept through production and test. Candidate will be guided
by senior engineers to develop and evaluate alternative approaches
and architectures to satisfy requirements.
Candidate will design primarily at the schematic level, working
closely with CAD designers in the development of layouts. Candidate
will be a part of the development team that primarily develops
specialized communications products for government, military, and
- Select components to satisfy requirements for
- Utilize development boards , breadboards, analysis, and
simulations to develop designs.
- Work closely with software, mechanical, and senior RF engineers
to develop overall product.
- Design circuits at the schematic level and work closely with
CAD designers to produce board layouts.
- Test circuit boards to prove they function as expected, debug
- Assist in the development of production-level tests and
participate in testing as needed.
- Document results of testing.
- Support transition to production.
- Participate in product design reviews.
- A current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelors and 0-4 years experience, masters and 0-2 years
experience, or High School and 8 years experience.
- Experience in RF/Microwave/Analog circuit board
- Ability to setup and operate RF test equipment such as Spectrum
Analyzers, Network Analyzers, etc.
- Ability to generate schematics.
- Ability to read and understand datasheets for RF and Analog
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with CAD programs such as Microwave Office, ADS,
- Experience with Allegro, OrCAD, and/or Altium Designer.
- Ability to solder/modify miniature SMT components for
- Experience in design of RF and Microwave circuits such as
amplifiers, filters, and synthesizers.
- Experience in design of power supply circuits using DC-DC
converters and linear regulators.
- Experience with rechargeable batteries, battery chargers, and
- Experience in low power design.
- Experience with antenna analysis and design.
- Knowledge of modern communication system architectures and
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Severn , Junior RF Hardware Design Engineer, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!