Food and Beverage Manager - Severn, MD, United States
Company: Hudson Group
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Located at Severn, MD, United States
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30
years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than
1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't
serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter
terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our
greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and
training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the
customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're
fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training,
skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow
and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
• A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
• A 50% off Hudson Food & Beverage Discount
Responsible for the operation of the food and beverage programs
with in Hudson Group operations. To execute the programs as
directed by the VP Food & Beverage and the SVP of Food & Beverage.
To make sure the food & beverage product lines contributes to the
profitability of the company. To ensure all food safety guidelines
are adhered to. Develop a productive relationship with the General
Manager and his or her staff. The F&B Manager must also work as
a representative of the company to the various governing airport
agencies. To develop and maintain a relationship with vendors and
contractors serving Hudson Group. To work in conjunction with the
retail division to help manage the clerks, cashiers, and managers.
To constantly work to find new sources of revenue and profits. The
F&B Manager oversees any off site production facilities such as
bakeries and / or storage facilities.
• To execute the programs as dictated by the SVP of Food and
• To ensure compliance with all local, State and Federal Health
• Ensure compliance and operational standards with that of the
• To ensure compliance with all Company Policies and
• Implements and enforces controls that protect the company's
assets from internal and external shrink.
• To be knowledgeable of expected performance levels.
• To interface with the district's general manager(s) helping to
identify areas of concern.
• To follow up with general managers and determine compliance.
• To develop a positive working relationship with all employees and
associates of the company.
• To hire and train food and beverage employees as needed.
• To enhance profits, food safety and grow sales.
• To act as a point of contact for airport and security agencies
concerning food and beverage issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• To have basic computer skills, Word and Excel.
• To have analytical skills to allow the district manager to
understand waste, food cost, and P&L spread sheets.
• To be able to perform basic math computations, write and
• To have enough management and business experience to be able to
be effective in the unit. He/she must be able to recognize
potential issues that would affect company profits and
• To have a good understanding of health codes and safe food
• To have a good understanding of labor laws, and discrimination
• Must be self-disciplined, motivated and able to work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have previous related retail and management experience.
• Multi-site and food experience in management a plus.
• Serve-safe certified (preferred)
• Leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills.
• Excellent time-management skills and problem solving
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with
• Ability to multi-task.
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
• High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associates degree or above
• Have a Driver's License
• Two years of previous retail management experience. Multi-store
management experience required for multi-store locations
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family
• Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
• Universal Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K &
• Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
• Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
• Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
For additional information on our benefits, please visit:
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified
individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to
age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status,
genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an
inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique
experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of
background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including
the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this
position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any
position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out
Keywords: Hudson Group, Severn , Food and Beverage Manager - Severn, MD, United States, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!