Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 12, 2022
New Life is searching for a dynamic Addiction Counselor-- -to join
- Carries a caseload of clients, guiding and motivating them
through treatment and into a stable recovery
- Conducts group therapy sessions and-- -counsels addicted
clients on one-to-one basis.-- -
- Works with client's family members as needed.
- Formulates therapeutic goals with the client and assists in the
actions necessary to carry out goals.
- Observes, records, and reports on the conditions of-- -clients
and works with-- -vocational rehabilitation, parole/probation
officers, social services, and other organizations-- -to assist
clients in adjusting to community life.
- Completes assessments and places clients in treatment based on
ASAM criteria.-- -
- Refers clients to the appropriate self-help group as part of
their treatment contract
- May be required to gather data for the purpose of program
development and evaluation.
- Performs related duties as assignedThis is a full-time
- CAC-AD, CSC-AD, ADT Certification or LCADC, LGADC license from
the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists.
- CPR / CPI Certification or willingness to pursue certification
as a Substance Abuse Counselor preferred.
- Knowledge of 12-step recovery programs.
- Ability to work with male/female, adult (18-over) substance
abuse/dually diagnosed population.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.-----
-All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.-- -For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at-- -discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/--
-PandoLogic. Keywords: Addiction Counselor, Location: Severn, MD -
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Severn , Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!