Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionNew Life is searching for a dynamic Addiction
Counselor-- to join our team.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carries a caseload of clients, guiding and motivating them
through treatment and into a stable recovery
- Conducts group therapy sessions and-- counsels addicted clients
on one-to-one basis.--
- Works with client's family members as needed.
- Formulates therapeutic goals with the client and assists in the
actions necessary to carry out goals.
- Observes, records, and reports on the conditions of-- clients
and works with-- vocational rehabilitation, parole/probation
officers, social services, and other organizations-- to assist
clients in adjusting to community life.
- Completes assessments and places clients in treatment based on
- Refers clients to the appropriate self-help group as part of
their treatment contract
- May be required to gather data for the purpose of program
development and evaluation.
- Performs related duties as assignedThis is a full-time
- CAC-AD, CSC-AD, ADT Certification or LCADC, LGADC license from
the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists.
- CPR / CPI Certification or willingness to pursue certification
as a Substance Abuse Counselor preferred.
- Knowledge of 12-step recovery programs.
- Ability to work with male/female, adult (18-over) substance
abuse/dually diagnosed population.Additional InformationWe are
proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.-----
--All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or
national origin.-- For more information about our company benefits,
please visit us at-- discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/--
PandoLogic. Keywords: Addiction Counselor, Location: Severn, MD -
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Severn , Addiction Counselor, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!