Sr. Property Adjuster(Field) - CAT Team - Baltimore, MD
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of Job**Company Vehicle Provided****Looking for
experienced Sr. Property Adjusters in the Baltimore, MD area to
join USAA**This is an exciting opportunity to join our newly formed
Dedicated Catastrophe Team, serving members impacted by catastrophe
events with a primary focus on wind and hail events. Adjusters in
this role will focus on utilizing technology and desk adjusting for
a virtual first approach to inspections and claims handling and
will also be responsible for physically inspecting losses within
their locally assigned territory. Field Adjusters in this role may
expect to travel outside of their local territory to respond to
catastrophes in other regions when neededWithin defined guidelines
and framework, investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and settles
complex property insurance claims presented by or against our
members. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes liability exposure
and negotiates equitable settlement in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements. Recognizes and empathizes with members'
life events, as appropriate.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manage assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information
involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage
complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
in-person inspections.When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.Physical
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
and attics.Preferred Experience:
- Prior experience adjusting property claims using virtual
- Prior property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and
- Prior deployments in support of catastrophes
- Bachelor's degree
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA
- Currently reside n or have the ability to self-relocate to
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
- Current or prior military OR military spouseThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $60,300.00 -$108,600.00 this does not include
geographic differential it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Severn , Sr. Property Adjuster(Field) - CAT Team - Baltimore, MD, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!