Caregiver - Great benefits
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: August 3, 2022
General Purpose:To provide personal care and incidental
activities of daily living to clients in the home setting as
permitted by federal and state law and regulations. Essential
- Conducts the initial care delivery visit to client.
- Follows the written assignment sheet/service plan to:
- Assist the client with activities of daily living such bathing,
grooming, toileting and elimination, and nutritional intake.
- Assist the client with ambulation, transfers and/or range of
- Assist the client with incidental activities of daily living
such as shopping, homemaking, preparing meals and maintaining a
clean and safe physical environment.
- Promote a safe client environment.
- Perform only assigned tasks as instructed by the Supervisor, as
applicable and where permitted by state law; (Assigned tasks are
those tasks (permitted by state law or regulation if applicable)
for which the Personal Care Aide has received training and Interim
HealthCare has accepted and verified as appropriate).
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and
personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports safety hazards and changes in client
condition to Supervisor.
- Documents observations and activities in an accurate, complete
and timely manner.
- Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and to complete
- Attends mandatory in-services and provide requested documents
to keep employee file current.
- Assists with orientation & training of field based care
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department. The Interim HealthCare Home Care Aide may
- Perform any personal care or skilled nursing procedure, which
is prohibited by the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Reconcile bank statements, endorse checks, or use any form of
the client's credit (e.g. credit or debit cards, ATM).Minimum
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Age of majority in the state.
- Any training required by state law or regulation or
- Twelve (12) months of accumulated experience in a similar job
classification or similar life experience.Knowledge, Skills &
Abilities Required: -
- Successful completion of appropriate knowledge (competency)
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide care.
- Other minimum requirements as defined by state law or
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance and valid driver's
license as required by the organization's insurance carrier if
assignment(s) include driving a vehicle, preferred.
- Able to hear, speak and write and read in English in a manner
understood by most people.
- Able to read ten (10) point or larger type.
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks or functions.Working
Conditions & Physical Effort: -
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds in order to
carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Severn , Caregiver - Great benefits, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!