Physical Therapist Assistant - Great benefits
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: August 7, 2022
General Purpose:Provides services for the purpose of treating
impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in
physical function under the direction and supervision of a
qualified physical therapist, and in accordance with accepted
standards of professional practice, applicable law and regulation,
as well as established organization policies and
- Acts at the direction and under the supervision of the treating
physical therapist and in accordance with the plan of care.
- Assists the treating physical therapist in documenting a
patient's progress and response to treatment.
- Prepares timely, legible, relevant and sufficient documentation
- whether written or electronic - of all patient care provided, as
well as the patient's response to treatment and progress toward
goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy
and procedures, and payor requirements.
- Participates in educating the patient and the family, and other
caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established
- Participates in in-service training, as requested.
- Actively communicates with the supervising physical therapist,
as well as other members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team
providing care to the patient in order to promote coordination of
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned. -
- Has access, use and ability to disclose personal health
information ("PHI") necessary to fulfill the above duties and
responsibilities and as defined by each organization.Licensure,
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements: -
- Licensed, registered or certified as a physical therapist
assistant (PTA) by the state(s) in which he or she will provide
services, as applicable per the state requirements.
- Graduate of 2 year college-level program approved by the APTA
- One (1) year of Physical Therapist Assistant experience and/or
as defined by the contracting employer.
- Provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) includes driving own vehicle to transport patient per
organization-specific policy. -For Organizations That Must Meet the
Medicare Conditions of Participation:
- Additional education requirements apply as per Addendum A of
this job description.
- A physical therapist assistant must meet 1 of 3 options for
qualification to provide services on behalf of an organization that
must meet the Medicare Conditions of Participation. -Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per
organization-specific policy. -
- Able to prioritize multiple functions or tasks to effectively
manage multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation. -Working Conditions &
Physical Effort: -
- Work is normally performed in a hospital, outpatient facility,
residence, aggregate living facility, school or occupational
- Work environment involves occasional exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex or non-latex gloves).
- Able to spend varying amounts of time sitting, standing and
- Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach
- Able to lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects. -
- Visual acuity, dexterity and hearing to perform required
- Sufficient endurance to perform the required physical and
mental tasks over long periods of time. -
- Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as
- Work requires the ability to visually and aurally observe and
assess the patient.
- Work requires the ability to work flexible schedule and/or
evening hours, as needed.
- Heavy physical activity that may require lifting, carrying,
pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and - physically stretching,
bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching
and climbing stairs.
- Travel within geographic area serviced by office if applicable.
- Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment, if
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Severn , Physical Therapist Assistant - Great benefits, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!