Facility Personal Assistant - signing in bonus
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: November 25, 2022
General Purpose:Provide direct observation of patients and
services in a health care facility under the supervision and
direction of health facility staff and in accordance with the
policy and procedure of the health facility and applicable law and
regulation. Essential Functions:
- Performs tasks and interacts with the assigned patients as
directed by the facility representative or supervisor.
- Recognizes, report changes in the assigned patient's activities
and/or safety to a designated supervisor, as directed by the
supervisor or another facility representative.
- Documents observations as per the direction of the
- Utilize infection control measures such as standard
precautions, hand washing and personal protective equipment as
appropriate to assigned duties.
- Attends mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services and provides
requested documents to keep employee file current.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned, by the
facility supervisor, such as assisting nursing staff with making
the bed; removing meal trays; emptying and refilling water, as
indicated; accompanying patient to X-ray, Physical Therapy or other
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.The Interim HealthCare Patient Attendant
- Perform any personal hands on care or skilled nursing
procedures.Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Age of majority in the state.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Six (6) months of accumulated experience in a similar job
classification or similar life experience.
- Current certification as a BLS provider preferred as per
facility policy.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Organize self to carry out shifts and services.
- Successful completion of appropriate knowledge (competency)
- Successful completion of the Skills Checklist for Facility
- Meets applicable health requirement(s) to provide patient
- Other minimum requirement as defined by law or regulation.
- Pass required federal and/or state and/or facility criminal and
abuse background checks as required.
- Able to provide proof of a valid driver's license, if
applicable to staffing office policy.
- Able to hear, speak, write, and read in English in a manner
understood by most people.
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks or functions.
- Able to relate to disabled, ill or elderly adults.Working
Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work environment involves placement in a health care
- Work environment may involve constant exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens, and other potentially infectious
or hazardous material that require following safety precautions and
may include the use of protective equipment (e.g. face masks,
goggles, latex or non-latex gloves).
- Able to frequently stretch, reach, bend, stoop, twist, sit,
stand, walk, climb stairs.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to wear head, body, and facial coverings (e.g. surgical
masks, latex or non-latex surgical gloves) for long periods of
- Physical activity is light and may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 20 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Severn , Facility Personal Assistant - signing in bonus, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!