Certified Surgical Technician - Flexible working h
Company: Interim HealthCare - Severn, MD
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:Surgical technologists assist
surgeons during surgical procedures by anticipating surgeon needs
to make sure the procedure is executed as smoothly and efficiently
as possible. They prepare and organize the operating room, clean,
and sterilize equipment, and maintain a sterile environment.
Surgical technologists are also known as scrubs, scrub technicians,
surgical technicians, and operating room technicians. Surgical
technologists are part of the surgical team and work under the
supervision of registered nurse or operating manager. Essential
- Prepare and organize the operating room equipment, instruments,
and supplies as required for various surgical procedures.
- Anticipate surgeon and patient needs during a procedure.
- Take care of specimens, prepare, check, and monitor
medications, and assist with dressings.
- Set up a sterile and sanitary environment and maintain the
sterile field for the patient during procedures.
- Moves, transports, and positions patients on stretchers and/or
tables for procedure.
- Follow relevant safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Participate in orientation and education of all operating room
staff on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in stocking and restocking medical supplies.
- Inspect, replace, and sterilize medical instruments.
- Provide surgeons and patients with necessary instruments,
supplies, and equipment.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (PHI) necessary
to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Parameters of
access, use and disclosure are further defined by the organization
or departmentMinimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Current certification as a surgical technologist (NBSTSA).
- Current state license, if applicable, in good standing.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Surgical Technician and/or as
defined by the contracting employer.
- Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
training including adults, children, and infants. Additional
trainings may be required dependent upon specialty or facility
requirements. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Meets the requirements of federal and/or state criminal and
abuse background checks where applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English with
all levels of the healthcare team, both clinical and
- Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple
functions or tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with multiple
- Able to work as a member of a team, including but not limited
to managing stress appropriately, making decisions under pressure,
and handling multiple priorities.
- Able to manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of self and
- Proof of valid driver's license if applicable.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is performed typically in hospital operating rooms,
outpatient surgical centers or doctor's offices that perform
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g., face masks, goggles, latex, or non-latex gloves).
- Work environment may involve occasional exposure to potential
electrical shock, and to x-ray/electromagnetic energy.
- Able to spend varying amounts of time sitting, standing, and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and
to stand, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist
clients with standing and walking.
- Sufficient endurance to perform the required physical and
mental tasks over long periods of time.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability
to identify and distinguish colors.
- Requires excellent hand-eye coordination and fine motor
function necessary to operate equipment safely and
calculate/prepare medications and other procedures.
- Able to successfully work in areas that are confined and/or
- Medium physical activity may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Severn, MD, Severn , Certified Surgical Technician - Flexible working h, Professions , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!